Tonight I am hosting a London CF farewell party for the committee as they have done an excellent job since taking office and deserve to be rewarded for their efforts. Since our launch on 15 January, 2009 we have:
- Campaigned in the European, local and general elections.
- Have opened six new branches across London
- Have increased our membership to over 1,000 members
- Hosted 30 full campaign days in marginal seats such as; Hammersmith, Tooting, Eltham, Watford, Croydon Central and Lewisham.
- Created Tuesday GenEVA general election sessions from September 2009 to May 2010 and hosted 58 of
these to help constituencies such as; Burton, Hereford, Dudley and Westminster.
- Have hosted campaign weekends where we left London in a mini-bus to campaign for a PPC (now MP) in marginal seats across the UK.
- Held quarterly drinks events and celebratory parties.
I feel very proud tonight at what we have achieved over the last eighteen months as it was a new position and there was no guidance given to me at all. I had the help of an excellent committee who worked with me well and when we launched in January 2009 we had over 200 people attend and Eric Pickles & Liam Fox gave speeches.
I hope to see you all tonight so that we can say a final farewell to the London CF Committee and a big welcome to the new incoming committee.